A “mommy makeover” is a catch-all term for a group of procedures that can restore your pre-pregnancy body. It commonly refers to a combination of breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
Having children is one of the most rewarding experiences a woman can have. But pregnancy and childbirth can take a toll on your body – especially if you’ve had multiple children. Whether it’s saggy breasts, excess skin around the abdomen, or stubborn pockets of fat, many women deal with physical changes that don’t go away after they’ve finished having children. That’s where a Mommy makeover Miami comes in.
Ten Things to Consider Before Getting a Mommy Makeover
- First and foremost, you should only consider a mommy makeover if you are done having children. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can negate the results of your procedures, so you must be sure that you are done growing your family before moving forward.
- Once you’ve decided that you are ready for a mommy makeover, your next step is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs and goals.
- Ask about the surgeon’s experience performing mommy makeovers and their success rate. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you are in good hands.
- One thing to keep in mind is that a mommy makeover is not a weight loss surgery; it is meant to address specific concerns like sagging breasts or excess skin around the abdomen that cannot be corrected through diet and exercise alone.
- Some risks are associated with any surgery, but when performed by a qualified surgeon, they are usually minor and temporary. Nevertheless, be sure to ask about the risks involved so you can go into the procedure with realistic expectations.
- A mommy makeover is typically an outpatient procedure, which means you can go home the same day as your surgery. However, depending on the extent of your procedures, you may need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Recovery time varies from patient to patient, but you can expect to take it easy for at least a week or two following your surgery while your body heals. This means no picking up heavy objects or strenuous activity; walking is fine but avoid anything more intense until cleared by your surgeon.
- You will likely experience some discomfort during recovery, but this can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon. Swelling and bruising are common side effects that should resolve within two weeks following surgery; however, some residual swelling may linger for several months before dissipating completely.
- Scarring is also possible but will fade over time; in most cases, it will be hidden beneath clothing once healed.
- Lastly, remember that results from your mommy makeover will not be immediate; it may take several months for swelling to resolve and for incisions to heal fully. However, once healed, results from your procedures should be long-lasting, provided you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A mommy makeover can help restore your pre-pregnancy body and boost your self-confidence – but it’s not suitable for everyone. If you are considering this type of surgery, be sure to do your research and consult an experienced plastic surgeon who can answer all your questions and help you decide if it’s the right choice.